Re-RTS steadiness

>Well, At SMA we use Meta/RTS on the Ursa Gold. I cannot think of a reason
>why I would EVER mechanically pin a job again!
....STUFF DELETED....
>Dave Satin
>Executive Vice President>SMA Video Inc.

At Editel Chicago (may it rest in peace - and may the murderers be
brought to justice someday) we switched from steadigate to RTS on our
Ursa 8 months or more before I left.  I was the main compositor there and
very fussy about registration with jobs that demanded perfect alignment -
and a big skeptic about RTS.  Craig Leffel got an RTS in and proved that
it was beyond acceptable.  We never did another job on the non-real-time
pins and I never had any problem with steadiness.  The only drawback was
the inability to do long recursive noise reduction on a frame, but the
Ursa was generally quiet enough to pull that off.
Jeff Heusser            CIS  Hollywood
jeffh1 at primenet.com     http://www.primenet.com/~jeffh1