subscriber database

I was asked a while back to implement a webpage list of subscribers
ordered by last name.  I've done some of the work and have a rough
idea of what is involved.  I can see why 'webmaster' is usually a paid
position... my flat file database of 600
names/employers/location/other information must first be formatted,
then imported into my SQL server, a script must be written in Perl, C,
shell, or other (I'm using PHP) to parse and serve the data via HTML
for your browser.

There's a test implementation of this for the first 38 subscribers to
the telecine group at
'http://www.alegria.com/telecine/temp/pub.index.phtml'.

I'd appreciate some feedback.  The other 562 subscibers will be added
at some point (a long, rainy weekend perhaps) as will a 'blind email'
option- you'll be able to send mail to another subscriber, without
that subscriber's address being made public.

regards
--Rob