Re: ATV info/flamebait

--- Forwarded mail from gboyle at saccard.com

Most viewers don't seem to see anything wrong with the system they
watch now.  That's why I think the UK approach to changing TV
standards may be the best way to go, start transmitting popular drama
in slightly letterboxed shape on regular TV but shoot it all at 16:9.
Switch all transmission to 16:9 when we go digital. People are then
used to, and accept the occasional letterbox so 2:35 can be
transmitted letterboxed on a 16:9 screen while all other TV is
transmitted 16:9.

The cost of a 16:9 set is down to $1200 and dropping, they're freely
available for rental, and that's what caused the VHS win over beta
here.

Later we can go to a higher res system.

Geoff

http://www.saccard.com