Re: Digital Betacam Composit

                      RE>Digital Betacam Composite output...         10/17/96

Ed,

Sony admitted at NAB this year that the composite output of the D-Beta is
pretty much a monitor only type output - very cheap encoder (my words - not
theirs).  I guess that the de-contenting movement is now moved from the auto
world to the video one.  The suggestion given was a D-bridge or other such
proper way of decoding.  All this came about in a behind the scenes demo for
Sony's D-1 one pass NTSC and PAL transfer box - that had a high end decoder in
it.

Clark "DCT Forever" Bierbaum