Re: vm_lowdown: Aaton INSTANTSYNC

   Even with a hard disk system, one is forced to wait 1-3 seconds for the TC
from the film to update.  On a documentary-style shoot with no slates and
very short shots, I must stop and assemble each shot if I want every morsel
of sound---the only way I can think of to fix this condition would be to
somehow greatly delay picture/sound output, or move the reader head even
further towards the tail of the film, or some combination of both.    (Or
somehow greatly improve the speed of TC updates from the film)   Instant lock
up on the audio source is just not good enough anymore.  Perhaps if the hard
disk were propelled at a speed approaching that of light during
transfer---then it could anticipate events that have not yet transpired? ;-)

Jim Erickson