Monitor Placement

**********
****  An error has caused an attachment called "ENVELOPE.TXT" to be lost.
****  It will probably work if you ask the sender to try again.
**********
I agree with many of the points raised in this discussion, however I detect a
polarisation of the group
between the short and long form folks (a vast oversimplification of the work
you all do but it serves the
purpose).

The rule that 'if it will be delivered composite you should be able to monitor
composite' seems to apply
well here. The issues of '601 blanking vs. encoded should also not be ignored
(how many NTSC delivery
systems transmit 10.4uS H blanking?

Although not too many cable systems deliver D1 to home TV, the much hailed DVD
will effectively do this.
What now happens to the movies that we carefully mastered a couple of years
ago monitoring composite
through our trusty D-Bridges (10.7 NTSC blanking I think)??? Does anyone know
if the players re-insert
appropriate blanking?

Going back for another day at WME tomorrow

Your glutton for punishment

Paul

-----
mailinglist digest available.........advertising *only* with permission
inquiries to rob at alegria.com...http://www.alegria.com/telecinehome.html