The Big Debate

-- [ From: David Keleshian * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

 I was at the SMPTE show and finally saw first hand the Sprit
from our friends at Philips. I have to admit that the picture
is extremely good. If a facility were to purchase one as there high end
telecine they would not be compromising any thing at all.
 I also looked at the Ursa Gold and it looked great as well,
But it is what we expect from a telecine from Cintel. As a benchmark
Ursa Gold earns respect but CCD technology is growing by leaps and
bounds. I am shocked at the quality, I may not be the best Colorist or
the most experienced but I have seen my fair share of film and I can see
no difference in quality between the Sprit and Ursa Gold. Both are
extremely good and have there unique qualities and drawbacks.

 Dave Keleshian
 Film Technology Co.