Re: Monitor placement

<< be from a color under vtr, either 3/4 or VHS, while grandma's cable feed
 will be squeezed through a dozen nuvistor-based line amps (you young guys
 can look up nuvistors), making the results in either case far less than >>

Actually, if nuvistor line amps were still in common use, we might have to
pay more attention to picture quality, since more of it would get into
peoples' homes!

I for one would not question Mr. Satin on the design of his monitoring.
 Presumably it fits in with the focus of the SMA facility and suits their
purposes.  I'm sorry, but connecting up a composite feed to a monitor if they
thought they needed one is just not a big deal.

Having worked on the redesign of one telecine suite, and the development of
another one "from scratch," I can tell you that the height of the main
picture monitor above or below the heads of the colorist and audience
(clients) is just as important--if not more so--than the horizontal
distances.

Christopher Bacon