Re: Monitor placement

Of course we monitor the output of the Accom encoders on
composite waveform and vectorscopes in the rooms.

Of course we use the most comprehensive monitoring equipment to
view the component levels in the digital domain, and we take great
pains to reference composite color space at all times.

We also can and do use equipment to limit component digital levels to
composite color space when it is appropriate or when the client
requests it.

We just don't feed composite video to the main monitor in each room!
There are plenty of qc stations in the machine room that have
concurrent composite and component destinations, and it is easy to
switch between them.
You just can't do it in the rooms.
Dave Satin
Executive Vice President       212.226.7474/V
Director of Engineering        212.941.0439/F
SMA Video Inc.

100 6th Avenue 10th Floor
New York, N.Y. 10013-1689