Re: D1 Questions

 At SMA we use evaporative humidifiers in front of every rack that has a D1 machine installed in it, and we
Never and I mean NEVER record on blank tape. Every piece of D1 stock,
and we use Sony A stock exclusively is made into a basic before use.
We find that this practice reduces error rates by several orders of
magnitude. We also will reject any piece of stock that has error
rates above 3 as viewed on a 2100. Be very picky when it comes to
stock and be aware of error rates. Your clients will thank you for
it!
Dave Satin
Executive Vice President       212.226.7474/V
Director of Engineering        212.941.0439/F
SMA Video Inc.

100 6th Avenue 10th Floor
New York, N.Y. 10013-1689