Re: Forcing A Frames

Paul Chapman wrote:

> Pogle (correct spelling!) does indeed have quite a good 3:2 capable
> editor. The only down side is that since they don't TSO (or should it be
> FSO) the capstan they are VERY sensitive to correct servo alignment.
> Finding the 'sweet spot' where you can do reliable 'A' 'B' 'C' & 'D'
> framed edits can try the patience of the best of us.

Gee, I don't know if we've done anything unique, but our Pogles do TSO
the telecine, on Metaspeed, non-Metaspeed, and Quadra telecines. You
might want to give Cliff Laidlaw at Encore a call (or Martin Greenwood,
for that matter). I find the 3:2 accuracy to be roughly equal to the TLC
(i.e., correct "most of the time,,,,").

Mike