re:Mixing it up

Jean-Clement Soret wrote:

>I would like to know if some
>of you have already experienced  "bi-pack", nothing to do with cross processing
>really, just another crazy technique to get crazy pictures with your telecine.

Isn't bi-packing used in film step printing process to create a hi-contrast
hold back matte, or some similar effect, for blue screen work?   To do this
on a telecine scanner is an interesting idea.  I've never considered it.
How would get the bi-pack threaded on the machine in the first place?

Dean Humphus