Re: Ursa Gold NT

JKreines at aol.com wrote:

> JC writes:
>
>> so the comparison with Spirit would be fairer as you can't see noise on a
>> still frame like with CCD.

> Wow, adding a "feature" just for pseudo-competitive reasons... seems pretty
> silly, doesn't it?

At the moment I have no noise on still frame on my URSA due to my Hush
Kit so, we go back to the original argument: get rid of the noise in the
first place and you don't need to cheat!  And anyway, don't we all know
that CCD handles some things better than CRT and CRT handles somethings
better than CCD?  I, as others am very pleased to see competition at
last.  I have a feeling that if Spirit hadn't turned up, then we
wouldn't have seen the "NT" Gold, which would have been a great pity.
So Rank, stop whinning and go push some limits ;-)

Ken

(Stuck on a desert airport in the middle of Argentina, due weather and a
possible tube change in Buenos Aires)

*****************************
Ken Robinson
Videocolor				Profilms
San Lorenzo 3845			Humboldt 1967
Olivos 1636				Piso 3
Buenos Aires				Capital Federal
Argentina				Argentina

Tel: 54 1 794 9656 /9657 /9654		Tel:    54 1 777 1560
Fax: 54 1 799 6202			Fax:    54 1 777 1566

Yield to temptation....it may not pass your way again.
     -- Lazarus Long