Cheap Australian Telecine

Can I please add my input to this thread.

 At IBC 95 Filmlab announced a low cost CCD telecine intended primarly for
"rushes" work. Called Orion this machine was to be designed and built in
Australia and at last NAB a photograph of it together with a prototype operating
console was shown.

Subsequently the machine was installed at Atlab, Australia's largest colour
processing laboratory and part of the same group as Filmlab.  However, I now
believe it is back at Filmlab for further development work.

It was supposed to have been shown at IBC but for whatever reason  did not make
it to the show.

I hope this is of assistance.

Alan McIlwaine
Quinto Communications