Spirit

So Upon my return from IBC, I was surprised to find a LARGE
crate from Phillips had indeed descended upon SMA! I uncrated the
Spirit on Friday, and boy is it heavy. The carpenters are not out of
the new room yet, so it will be a few days before I can check
the unit out. The installation seems quite straitforward. We will be
controlling the Spirit with a Davinci Renaissence/DUI, with grain
reduction (as needed) via MNR-11. By the way, John Dowdell did a real
bang-up job in his demonstrations of the Spirit at IBC, and caused
alot of consternation both public and private from our friends at
Cintel. I had a chance to check out a TWIGI installed in the Ursa
Gold at Condor Post in Amsterdam. I was so impressed that I ordered
one. Delphi tells me that Stuart and co will be in New York some time
in November to install it. The tube grain reducer alone is worthr
the price of admission. It looks like the big winner in the
Ursa/Spirit wars will be the Cintel enhancment companies like
Options. After seeing a demonstration of Clearview, we will probably
order one when it becomes available for the Ursa Gold. Eli Freidman
landed at SMA after the Editel implosion, and he arrived with a full
schedule of sessions every day. I will be back with a blow-by-blow
report of the Spirit installation and checkout.
Dave Satin
Executive Vice President       212.226.7474/V
Director of Engineering        212.941.0439/F
SMA Video Inc.

100 6th Avenue 10th Floor
New York, N.Y. 10013-1689