Re: ?

<< > << We all live in an imperfect world, see the thread from D Corbitt for
 > << example, if you can't keep the TK stable.........  Anyway, monitor set
 > << up in itself is something that every post house in the world has some
 > << sort of trouble with.  Until some miracle happens, we will have to live
 > << with it. >>
 >
 > That's if you work in a facility where periododic monitor maintenance is
 > practiced.
 >

 >Sorry Will, couldn't quite get the meaning of this posting....  Did you
 >mean that if you practise monitor maintenance you have trouble, or the
 >other way round!?

The above statement is based from frustration. The simple fact is that it's
wonderful to see the references of standard operating proceedures at some of
the
facilities where the monitors are routinely checked by the engingeering
dept..  The
telecine equipment and signal integraty are maintained on a daily/weekly
basis.
We're understaffed where I work.  But managment will be slowly adding more
engineering and possibly the introduction of using tape assistants in the
future if the profits continue to increase.  It's a slow process, but we'll
get there.

The frustrated one.