Hidden Dangers of Film Cleaners

I came across a problem with film cleaning machines today, one you could
never anticipate. I program a roll film and clean it back to heads. During
the transfer, I see this huge glob go by, followed moments later by another
one. Oh dear, what happened? I send the film back to the lab guys to check
the damage. It turns out a fly (fruit?) got snagged in the film wind during
takeup, thereby squooshing it between the two frames it was in contact
with. I hereby recommend everybody install bug zappers in your cleaners to
prevent such an occurrence from pestering you. Who'd a thunk?

Julius Friede

Favorite Questions:

"What happens if you make the picture a little brighter?"