This week's Rant

Here follows an unashamed Rant:-

OK - I'm totally over shows. Trying to get manufacturer's support during
IBC is like p*ss*ng up a rope. All the people you really need to get hold
of *right now* are away for almost 3 weeks, and when they get back, they're
so shagged out that they have to take a few extra days off to recover.

This situation is worst for the smaller companies, where there is only one
guy or maybe two who can help. I'm not going to name examples, but you guys
are sure going to be hearing about it. I'm sick of being told that he/she
is out "at IBC" and wont be back for "10 days". This is probably the
busiest time of the year for the majority of the group, so some alternative
arrangements need to be made so that you manufacturers can support the
people who kept you in business.

So There !

Now I've had my rant, the nice men in white coats can come and take me back
to my padded cell, AKA graphics suite at Editel. Next time you see me I'll
be upstairs at NAB, picking off vendors with a telescopic sight.
AAAAARRRGGGHHH.

Yours in frustration

Mike O