DVTR STOCK???

I have seen this a little as well.  I also suspect the stock but
don't have enough evidence yet to make a fuss.  I also note a much
higher incidence of head clogs across ALL my machines; and also a
suspiciously frequent need to re-optimize.

I wonder if the stock is somehow inconsistent.  Have any of you
tried using non-A stock and if, so with what results? -bt

On Mon, 16 Sep 1996 16:40:18 -0400  Mike Goslin wrote:
>At 2:57 PM 6/18/96, Craig Nichols wrote:
>>Has anyone been experiencing intermittent control track pulse dropouts on D1
>>recently?  During record everything looks normal. During playback, when the
>>sevro encounters one of these occasional missing pulses, it panics until it
>>sees another valid pulse. Sony seems to acknowledge that there is a problem
>>(possibly with tape stock?). I'm wondering if we are getting the same story
>>as everyone else? We are using 2ks.....
>
>Then Mike Orton wrote on  Sat, 14 Sep 1996 00:19:17 -0800
>>Interestingly enough, I came across this old posting, now that we at Editel
>>are having the *same* problem, on different machines...DVR1000s. We have
>>had several embarrassing episodes in the last coupla weeks. Anyone else?
>
>Yes, we're getting burned by it too, so far only the Sony decks, the BTS
>seem O.K.   Everyone suspects the new "A" type stock, but no one will admit
>to it.
>
>-----
>mailinglist digest available.........advertising *only* with permission
>inquiries to rob at alegria.com...http://www.alegria.com/telecinehome.html

Bill Topazio, VP/Engineering     bt at mte.com     v:212-907-1225
Manhattan Transfer / Edit        New York, NY   f:212-687-2719

"Blame not on malice that which can be adequately explained by
stupidity."  -Hanlon's Razor