Re: 75/100% bars question

Vince Forcier wrote:
>When we see 100% color bars on a tape does this mean that the chroma on
>this tape is referenced to 100% or is the actual chroma on the tape
>referenced to 75%. I have seen 100% color bars on tapes that were so
>consistently overchroma, that I could only assume that the chroma is
>referenced to 100%..........................

Well actually, if the program chroma were consistenly and commensurately as
hot as the 100% bars, that would tell me that those bars were actually 75%
and needed to be tweaked as such to bring program chroma to where it
belongs.  Make sense?

On the other hand, the grey scale will tell you whether they are 100 or 75%.

Cheers...

Phil Mendelson      philm at hollydig.com
"Animals are our friends...............
but they won't take us to the airport."