Low cost telecine equipment?

 Hi,
     I subscribed to the newsgroup only yesterday. Just getting to know
 what equipment is required for a telecine room. I know typical room has
 Cintel's URSA Gold, Davinch color corrector, Noise reducers and VTRs.

 I want to assemble equipment for a low budget telecine room to convert
 family movies (16/35mm) into MPEG 1/ 2 disks.  What kind of money I should
 be looking at for new equipment or otherwise?

 Could someone help me out with some pointers.

Thanks,
Brahmaji