Color balance using Grafikons

Mike

In Europe, particularly scandinavia, its is common to use a similar device. I do
not know if this is what you are looking for. The device is simply a D65
flourescent tube with a grayscale film attached to it. It is used to
white/grey/black balance B/W and colormonitors. In lack of a spectrometer or
spot colortemp meter,  this eyeballing method it is remarkably accurate. Since
it uses a flourescent tube its spectral footprint is as close as you can get
(man-made) to the original D6502 spectral footprint. It is also very stable and
reliable.

A company that still use this method is AB Filmteknik and you should be able to
locate them on the subscriber list. If this gets you nowhere let me know.

Mike Reichel