Re: Metaspeed Biphase output

> Does anyone out there use the one pulse per frame biphase output of
> the metaspeed, or the 7 pin din biphase out with Metaspeed
> installed. I have some questions about this signal. If you are using
> it sucessfully or have had problems with it, please E-mail me
> directly with your experiences. Thanks in advance. Vince.

 Hello Vince,

  This signal is used with the daVinci to drive the Bi-phase counter.
I also have this connected to the Aaton systems for their count
pulses are well.  The good thing about this output is the fact that you can
vary your pulse to picture timing in 90 degree steps to accommodate
the requirements of your color corrector.  The daVinci wants the
bi-phase counter to be updated at apx 50% of picture scan .  Or
if you manually advance the puck on the Rank,(turning the puck by
hand), as the frame line pass by 50% picture height, counter should
increment on daVinci.  If you have a time logic,  this counter should
increment at apx 2/3 picture height.  Timing of these two signals is
internally offset inside the daVinci Remaissance frame.  If you are
having occasional color timing problems,  you might check to see
that this is true.  The timing can be changed by moving the wires to
different combinations of pins.  The outputs are shown in the metaspeed
manual.
  Vince,  Hope this helps,   Call be directly if  you have any
questions.
 Later....David Warner   Crawford Communications  Atlanta

    404-876-7149