Re: still store inquiry

Bob:

Sorry it took me some days to post this message.

I appreciate some advantages of a DDR over a still store, but I am curious
about your implementation.

We have a traditional old fashioned ACCOM still store and daVinci with
Artisan (not the last one). We can't lose wipe and browse capabilities
within the suite.

How do you deal with Quickframe from daVinci? I have one and I know it does
not have multiple images nor built in wipes.

Does new daVinci software browse internally and it recalls a frame when
requested?

Do you compare (wipe) live against still with a digital video switcher?

What's the resolution of the image pools you save together with lists?
(within INDY I think)

Restoring color lists together with their pools of stills is a matter of
manualy joining backed-up UNIX files and DDRs backups or is it controlled by
the software?.

What's a legacy color system?.

Do you use "Spanel", "Anteras" or any other utility to rough cut commercials?.

Adrian.

Adrian Costoya <acostoya at starnet.net.ar>
Engineering Manager
Metrovision Producciones S.A.