RE: Problem film flats

If a shot-log (data-base) was included with the transfer,a new event
should have been started at the edit point.Unless your logging system
requires re-calibrating when perf alignment(due to framing changes) is
shifted,this would have given the Avid corrected frame count numbers.
Of course the editor has to use the shot log when loading onto the
systems hard drive.Many editors take advantage of the rule 'Do not add or
delete frames' by digitizing each flat as a single event.As this shows,
3:2 pulldown,Keycode,video time code and audio time code are truly
unique counts,with no continuous relationship to each other.
Let me add that the quality and accuracy of the shot logs created
in telecine must be perfect.Editors have grown tired of the mistakes
recorded in telecine and in many cases abandoned using these
tools.If your equipment is not working perfectly,or if your operators do not
practice proper care these problems will continue.
As far as fixing the problem,re-transfer the scenes in question with
exactly the same time code and the editor can easily re-digitize with
corrected numbers.I wish you luck............
                                                                     Randy