Re: still store inquiry

At 04:30 PM 9/3/96 -0400, you wrote:
>We are looking for 1 or 2 cost effective CCIR 601 still stores. If
>anyone has any ideas other than the obvious Accom and Lietch products,
>Please E-mail.

Vince,

I thought still stores were dinosaurs. All current Pandora and daVinci
products use external DDR's controlled by the host computer to track and
archive colorist data pools. The beauty of these systems is that large pools
of stills can be saved with color lists, and recalled in all their
referenced glory weeks later. Even if I was replacing a still store for a
legacy color system, I think I would opt for a long play 601 DDR. As a
commercial colorist, I cant tell you how many clients are asking me to
assemble their spots in a rough cut fashion on the DDR so color can be
judged with the actual corrected running footage. I think the days of
judging color from matching stills alone may be numbered.

I've had good luck with the Sierra systems.

Best,

Bob Festa                                    Festa at pacbell.net
Director of Telecine  			   bfesta at encorevideo.com
Encore Santa Monica    				310 656 7663