Re: Re; Pearl Whites/Poll

On Aug 28,  4:58am, Seamus O'Kane wrote:
> Subject: Re: Re; Pearl Whites/Poll
> Rob asked;
>
> >>I'd like to poll the group as to how many colorists use the Kscope
> >>regularly, and in what types of jobs?  Are you using the Kscope's
> >>output direct, or mixing it back with the TK?
>
> We use the device on a very regular basis and over the last two years
> there has been a marked increase in its use for commercial spots
> rather than music videos.  Generally it is still of most benefit for beauty
> shots but it is used now more as an overall effect and many Directors
> and DP's shoot and light with its use in mind.
>
> Perhaps as much as a quarter of our work will now involve the Kscope
> which is almost as high a  percentage that use other filter effects such
> as Promists or vaseline gel  and indeed it is not uncommon to use
> it in conjunction with these other types of filter.

	It looks like Kscope is very very popular in the US and UK because all
american or british DP's & directors doing telecine here in Paris ask for it,
but since there is no TK with Kscope here they have to do it afterwards which
is frustrating for the colorist, sometimes they simply go to London.
	My question is: is there some kind of magig box that could do the same
job than Kscope? I know the answer but it is worth asking anyway.

	Jean-Clement
	Colorist
	Duboi
	Paris