No Subject

On July 25, 1996 someone lost in cyberspace wrote:

>Hello, I am looking for information regarding doing a negative cut on
>the
>AVID Film Composer.
>
>We will be shooting a feature on 35mm film in a couple of months and
>would
>like to cut on the AVID. We are doing both location and studio
>shooting. So
>to make things easy I would  like to transfer to video dailies then
>load
>the video transfer into the AVID.
>
>My main question is what information is needed on the video tape to
>accomplish this (ARRI code, footage & frames, etc.......)?

---------------------------
There are two ways of getting the information in to the AVID.  You can
encode the information in VITC or you may log it using Key-Log or other
logging software and import the list into Avid before you digitize.  We
recommend always putting the VITC on the transfer even if you are doing
burn-ins or Log files, so that you can always go back to the original
transfer tapes and make a burn-in from the VITC later using the Evertz
Afterburner.

If you encode VTR Timecode, ARRI timecode and KeyKode into VITC using a
product like the Evertz 4025 you will be able to recover the VITC with
the AVID media reader when you digitize ( Media Recorder or Film
Composer).  It is still useful to enter film production information when
logging the information with Key-Log in Telecine so that you don't have
to enter it later in the AVID.

Alan Lambshead
V.P., Director of Engineering
Evertz Microsystems Ltd.