New Scanner Comments?

I would love to get some feedback from this group about the introduction
of a new film scanner by Oxberry at Siggraph.  It is designed to scan 16
or 35mm at resolutions up to 1.5k at about 4 seconds a frame -  cost:
about $90,000.  They told me they saw the market as effects scenes for
video resolution jobs and some film release work.  The other observation
was that at that price you could buy an Ursa Gold and this scanner, spend
less money than a datacine, and have a machine dedicated to each purpose.
  Comments?
J e f f    H e u s s e r        C I S  H o l l y w o o d
jeffh1 at primenet.com     http://www.primenet.com/~jeffh1