The future of Rank Cintel

There has been a great deal of speculation in recent days about the future
of Rank Cintel. This morning (8th August 1996), our parent company The Rank
Organisation issued a major statement to financial institutions about its
restructuring.

This statement included the announcement that the precision industries -
which includes Rank Brimar, Digital Projection, Strand Lighting and Taylor
Hobson as well as Rank Cintel - are in the process of being sold, because
they are not part of Rank's core business, leisure and entertainment.

At present, no purchase has been completed.  In the meantime, each of these
companies will continue to operate and trade normally as part of The Rank
Organisation. No further formal statement will be made before a sale has
been agreed.

Can I, on behalf of the directors of Rank Cintel Limited, add that we are
completely confident that Cintel will continue as the leading company in
film scanning technology and that, under new ownership, we will have
investment and resources to go from strength to strength. You will just
have to get used to not seeing the gongman or calling us Rank!

I appreciate that this is a difficult time, and I wish I could tell you
more.  Be assured that, as soon as there is news to tell, you will hear it
direct from me.

Until then, I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at IBC.

Regards,

David Fenton
Sales Director, Rank Cintel (for now!)