Re: Rank AC Power

On Thu, 1 Aug 1996 Donna358 at aol.com wrote:

> Regarding Rank MkIII ac.....
>
> I have gotten substantial results in hum and noise reduction by
> installing grounding bus bars and new grounding systems for the color channel
> and digiscan.

To note:  I manufacture a grounding kit to address this very issue, and it
is indeed very effective.  It is a bear to install, as it requires you to
essentially gut the machine and can take 2 - 3 days to install, but the
results can be dramatic.  (It comes with a detailed instruction manual,
but I can also do the install for you.)  It is similar to the grounding
kit you see in the Turbo II, and includes not only the color channel and
digi, but the tube control (for those without Digital Deflection,
although the DD has a connecting point to tie into the main grounding
buss bar), and the audio racks as well.  Contact me for additional
details.

Ralph Edwards
Freelance Rank Engineer