Re: AVID

On Thu, 25 Jul 1996 07:55:48 -0500,
Some One lost in the land of cyberspace! wrote:

>Hello, I am looking for information regarding doing a negative cut on the
>AVID Film Composer.
>
>My main question is what information is needed on the video tape to
>accomplish this (ARRI code, footage & frames, etc.......)?

If you're thinking about cutting your film on an Avid you should consider
to digitize the dailies into a Media Recorder directly. By this way you
could store the ARRI code, footage & frames directly into the machine.

In addition you should record the dailies onto a BetaCam SP tape with ARRI
code and footage burnt in for the case the media files get lost.

The only disadvantage I know about this routine is the point that you can't
digitize the AVR-75 resolution directly but I don't think you'll need this.

|        Jochen Hinrichs-Stoeldt  -  22081 Hamburg  -  Germany           |
|    E-mail adresses: johist at ibm.net             (read twice a week)     |
|                     100273.1235 at compuserve.com (read nearly daily)     |