Re: "Film Look" type effect?

At 04:33 PM 2/07/96 -0700, you wrote:
> temporal effects [...] Grain or noise is the other key factor

What about dirt, sparkle, float and frame jumps? All factors that we have
got used to watching - but not "seeing".  For me the most obvious things
about a video look are usually its steadiness, clarity and lack of artefact.
Also, film cameras tend to be used differently ... they have different
dynamics of operation. I agree that the imperfections of film make
interesting viewing; I suppose its the un-reality of the film image that
enhances the viewing experience.

The temporal, textural, contrast ratio factors are of course important too,
though  more subtle.

Matthew