Re: DVD

On Mon, 1 Jul 96 15:52 PDT, you wrote:
>I just read in a recent Post magazine a quote from Ron Stein, Chief
>Operating Officer of Crest National, that the picture quality of DVD
>approaches that of D-1

Oh, please.  Only if the evaluation is being made by Ray Charles.

VHS quality approaches D1 as well, it's just that it's from a LONG distance
away.

>Marc Wielage of Complete Post (and this group) pointed out in January
>that the compression artifacts were extremely obvious in the DVD he
>saw at CES.

I had the same impression.  The DVD demo I saw wasn't nearly as good as the
images from those 18" home dishes, and the artifacting on the dishes drives
me crazy.

--Bob