Re: Philips Datacine

> Crawford Communications, Inc is pleased to announce that we have
> purchased the Philips Datacine.

Cheers!  Congratulations on your new acquisition!  It's a major leap
alright.

We have been looking for a film scanner ourselves but couldn't seem to
decide on which system to buy.  I have a question for you.

Are you going to use the Datacine for film work?  Or are you just taking
advantage of the higher resolution and bit depth for color grading and
then still output to video?  If you're using it for film,  how will you
get the data out from it?  Is it going to be a HIPPI device?

I'd appreciate it if you could share some info on this.

Thanks.

Raul Bulaong
RoadRunner Network, Inc
Manila, Philippines