Re: Answer to film puzzler

> On Jun 26,  0:58, JKreines at aol.com wrote:
> I'm a little foggy on this myself Jeff, but must the X-Ray exposure
> always be in the form of a line?  How does the axis of radiation
> determine the area of exposure for X-Rays?

	An X-ray source acts like a visible light source.  It follows the inverse-square
law, in that the intensity is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from
the X-ray source.  This is of course assuming a point source, which may not be the case
in this situation, where we don't know the shape of the radiation source or the shape of
the opening in the container that it may have leaked through.
	The amount of radiation striking a flat surface as also proportional to the sine
of the angle between the surface and the axis leading to the radiation source.