Prep for Telecine

I have recently been getting problems from European labs who have decided to
cut down the leader on the head and tail of dailies. I also remember that US
labs always do a great job when asked to "Prep for Telecine"

Is there a standard spec in use? I would like to distribute something in
Europe, so that producers/cameramen can put in black and white the standard
minimum requirements. Does anyone have such a document - if not perhaps we can
put one together?
All the Best
Kevin Shaw