KeyKode numbers rollover

Has anyone experienced this problem before? While transferring some 16mm
Fuji neg, I ran into a roll that started with high 9900s and rolled over
into 0000s. We were providing flex-file for Avid editing, and our converter
did not like that situation. Gave me an error message regarding zero
timecode or something.
I've had fictious 9999 to 0000 numbers happen during tail leader or leader
between rolls but never on the actual film itself.  This wasn't a short end
or anything.
We ended up creating a new event to get the computer to accept the numbers,
but this occured in the middle of a shot.
CB Gaines
Monaco Video
San Francisco