Re: CRT Hits

We still seem to have the hits. We thought we had cured them but I
got word last night that they are back. Hans suggestion to start
looking at the video path was a good one. We had exhausted the scan
side. We left the EHT on with the High voltage module pulled out. The
tube was dark and we turned up the lifts and watched the video. Sure
enough the hits were there. With some more isolation they appeared to
be coming from the Cell box. We started looking at the Mc murdo
connecter and the power supply caps. We tried to substitute the caps
to see if they were the cause and put in a "like size" cap. This sent
the power supply in to a oscillation which appeared on the tube face.
We put the original caps back ( knowing now the value is critical).
We replaced the Mc murdo connecter and re soldered the connections
and put everything back and waited. At the same time of all of this
our Digiscan power supply died. We repaired that and have got back to
looking at the problem. We will keep looking and appreciate every
ones help.

 Are these hits from the reel hold downs when the reels are moving or
stationary? Our hits are there when the reels are stationary.

Howard
IVC,Burbank