RE: Answer to Film Puzzler

But if that's the case.... then wouldn't the effect necessarily have to
change frequency from beginning to end of roll?

As for Spot... wasn't he solid white before he went on the plane?

On Wed, 19 Jun 1996 10:31:31 -0400  Dean Humphus wrote:
>... The rate does not change from the beginning to the end of the mag...
>
>Rob's answer was closest to the mark:
>
>>I suppose the constant rate rules out preshoot radiation damage...
>
>The lab souped a roll of unexposed 5279 stock from the same local batch and
>found the film had been pre-fogged while still in the can.  Through manifest
>records,  it seems that this stock was transported on Southwest Airlines
>from Los Angeles and had been shipped in the cargo bay in close proximity to
>containers of biomedical radioactive waste that apparently was improperly
>shielded.
>
>Raises some real concerns if you transport your pets via the airlines,
>doesn't it?  How many rem's does it take to make Spot bright?
>
>Dean

Bill Topazio, VP/Engineering     bt at mte.com     v:212-907-1225
Manhattan Transfer / Edit        New York, NY   f:212-687-2719

"Blame not on malice that which can be adequately explained by
stupidity."  -Hanlon's Razor