Re: Hits in CRT

>         Reply to:   RE>Hits in CRT

On our MKIIIC unit about 4 months after we received it, we had "hits"
in the pix, that were also seen on the crt.  They were very random at
first, and got progressively worse as time went on.. seemed to follow
temperature some times, not others.

It was a H.V. diode in H.V. Multiplier area that was wrapped around
the post, but not soldered!   As time went on, the cotact arced more
and more, eventually eating a little of the metal off the leg, making
the "gap" worse, and the problem more apparent.

Since soldering the diode end, have not been in there for 5 years!

Jan Janowski Optimus