D1 control track problems

Has anyone been experiencing intermittent control track pulse dropouts on D1
recently?  During record everything looks normal. During playback, when the
sevro encounters one of these occasional missing pulses, it panics until it
sees another valid pulse. Sony seems to acknowledge that there is a problem
(possibly with tape stock?). I'm wondering if we are getting the same story
as everyone else? We are using 2ks.  All in all, I'd rather have DCT.
Craig Nichols
Todd-AO Video