Re: FDL 60 edge problem

Supersuite post wrote:

> We have a problem with our BTS FDL 60 that we can not find the cause, it is like
> an edge that really shows up on transitions: on negative film, for example on a
> scene of people playing volleyball on a beach you see almost like a white glow
> on the right side of the people and on the post holding the net !
I have seen this on FDL60's.... It was always due to the grain reducer
settings being set too high....  That is, if you have a grain
reducer...  I also had a problem with a grain reducer once that make
all luminance signals slightly smeared.... if you have good fine
definations, forget that...  If you don't have a grain reducer, verify
that as you turn detail up and down and see if it follows this.  There
is a lum/chromance delay settings, but due to the amount of board
variations I would definately default to Bob Davis on adjusting that.
(we used an ultimatte to assist in the settings of the delay).
Good luck Jan Janowski