Re: SLEEP CRT

On 13 Jun 96 10:50:49 EDT, Eddie Heywood wrote:

>		CRT STANDBY ( SLEEP CONDITIONS)
>
>Many telecine users ask what is the preferred mode for the
telecine crt when the
>machine is not in use. Customers over the years have used
several options but as
>crt`s and telecines have changed here are Brimar`s latest
suggestions.

First of all, thanks Eddie for the comments.  I would like to
throw something else in:  We
are using S16 and scanning S35 from time to time and obviously
finding that Burn becomes an
issue.  My formula for this is to leave the tube overscanned
(not over the edge of the face
plate) at normal operating levels at all times when the
telecine is not in operation, thus
hopefully reducing the differential.  I have had good
experience with tube life on all
models of Ranks.

Does anyone have any comments to make me think that I am
incorrect?

(yes, I have registered my software!)

Ken Robinson
Videocolor