Re: Keycodes & Non-Linear Editing

I'll take the first one - Avid, Lightworks and Montage all have "inverse
telecine" capture modes where they can take a Flex or Keylog file containing
A frame information and automatically remove the duplicate frames.  The
resulting negative cutting list is frame accurate and the sound list is
generally within +/- 1/5 of a frame.

>snip<

>(1)  When editing with a non-linear system that is either designed for or
>used with the intention of returning to film, does the film-to-tape transfer
>have to made at 24 fps or will the editor compensate for the 6 fps when an
>EDL is made? Perhaps this function is dependent on the editing equipment
>itself?
>
>snip<

>Thanks in advance for any input.
>
>Bono Film & Video, Inc.
>
>-----
>mailing list available as a digest..list your gear/jobs in web classified
>inquiries to rob at alegria.com     http://www.alegria.com/telecinehome.html

Andrew Maltz
Digital Media Technologies, Inc.
818-788-2257