EHT supply replacement

It has been recomended to me that I replace the Rank EHT output with a
more stable reliable unit. Does the osc. frequency of the HV need to be
generated in the Rank. Someone suggested to me that if the osc.
frequency of the HV supply was not the same  as the line timebase,
I would see some type of intrference between the  2 on the tubeface.
The ripple spec of the supply that I am looking at is 6v  at 30Kv. Has
anyone done this swap successfully, and can answer the above question.
Thanks in advance for any help. Vince.