RE: Which System?

----------
From: 	John W. Seberg[SMTP:jseberg at gate.net]
Sent: 	Wednesday, June 12, 1996 10:46 AM
To: 	telecine at xyzoom.alegria.com
Subject: 	Which System?

I have been asked to poll the Colorist Forum regarding the best color=20
correction system available today.  I would appreciate your suggestions=20
and comments.

-----=20
mailing list available as a digest..list your gear/jobs in web =
classified   =20
inquiries to rob at alegria.com     =
http://www.alegria.com/telecinehome.html =20

Tricky question there, John..  Only colorists who actually handled all =
the systems available would best answer the question.  Maybe the =
question could be:what would you look for in a color correction system =
and if the system you're currently using fills up those requirements?  I =
have a short list of wannabees in a corrector, but i'm not sure if there =
is one in the market that actually contains all these stuff:
1.  windowing capability:different shapes, both primary and secondary =
color correction, soft-edge,customizable shapes, fully independent of =
each other. preferably 6 to 8 available per event. can use key input.  =
window shapes that can keyframe from one shape to another.
2. color isolation based on hue, saturation and LUMINANCE.  must have at =
least 10 layers :)
3. excellent vtr control /editing capabities, integrated into the system
4. easily understood picture based interface
5. lots of color mem storage(hmmm....20 mems?)
6. can adjust gamma curves of image
7. can type ,and brew excellent coffee (opps! ignore that)

I use a DaVinci 8:8:8 with power windows, etc.  Maybe someone who uses a =
Pogle, or some other color corrector can give ya input on your query.

Jude Ng
Videopost Manila