Re: 3 perf 1:85

DAVE wrote:

> Text item: Text_1
>
>      I have a client that's shooting 3 perf 35 for a tv series, but wants
>      to have the possibility to do a negative match back. Does any body
>      know of a optical house that has made a IP and dupe neg.. centered on
>      4 perfs, to strike prints from for projection? Dave Best Post Perfect
>      NY.

I believe CFI in Hollywood can still do this, but my guess is that projection
prints are not the issue. Many studios want an assembled negative in order to
avoid additional storage costs and material tracking problems, as well as to
provide a simple path to a future video system (HDTV or the like). I take it
the client is DreamWorks? <g>

Mike