Re: What is Legal?

KA2IQB at aol.com wrote:

> Just took a look at a new gadget that seems to hold high promise in the area
> of 601 digital video and analog composite "legality."  It is the Videotek
> SDC-101, along with its matching SDC-102 control unit...
>
> Christopher Bacon
> DuArt Film & Video

Christopher, thanks for the plug. I am the project engineer for the SDC-101.

The making legal that the SDC-101 does is the 4:4:4 clip that has been mentioned
by some in the forum as a preferred method. Some will like it, some may not, but
it is effective. All of the functions available at the remote control RCU-102 are
also available at the processing unit (1 r.u.) SDC-101, but it's no fun that way.
Due to the limitations of a 1 r.u. front panel, everything is done by menus. The
"make legal" function is there buried in the configuration menu.

In addition to the remote control, the SDC-101 can also be controlled by an edit
controller or a PC, for which (admittedly limited) windows software is provided.
--
Robert Stenzel	   RStenzel at gnn.com	vox: 610-327-2292
Project Engineer   Videotek Inc.	fax: 610-327-9295