multi-system eye strain?

I have actually had a couple of sessions when i color graded a project =
first in PAL and then in NTSC.  At first, the monitor appeared to =
flicker due to the 25fps frame rate in PAL(we're used to NTSC here), but =
after a while my eyes adjusted to it.  During the NTSC session, i =
apparently didn't encounter any eye strain.  Do you think the strain is =
caused when adjusting from a faster frame rate TV system to a slower one =
rather than the other way around?

Jude Ng
Videopost Manila